Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by amergey <a_...@yahoo.fr> on 2011/09/02 10:35:24 UTC

JDBC 4 support in Geronimo 3

Hello

Testing a web application executing some JDBC code using a datasource
against geronimo 3, I had the following exception

"java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ResultSetHandle.isClosed()Z" when calling
java.sql.ResultSet.isClose()

So it seems geronimo 3 does not support JDBC 4 API, the bug [GERONIMO-6138]
(JDBC 4 API is not supported) was closed claiming this bug was fixed in
trunk since 3.0-M1

but I have tested with latest available SNAPSHOTS
(geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-20110901.085007-314-bin and
geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0-20110901.110425-314-bin) and the issue is still
there

Is there something I missed ? meaning is there any way to configure a
datasource for supporting JDBC 4 API ? if it is not can I reopen the bug ?

Thanks and Regards,
Arnaud

Re: JDBC 4 support in Geronimo 3

Posted by Forrest Xia <fo...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 7:12 AM, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>wrote:

> On Nov 17, 2011, at 6:43 AM, amergey wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Following the anouncement of the beta1
> >

> >> Support SUN's Java Enterprise Edition 6.0 Full Profile specification:
> >> - JDBC 3.0
> >> For details about Full Profile specifications, please visit Java EE
> >> specifications website.
> >>

> > According to Java EE 6 specification website
> > (
> http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javaee/tech/index-jsp-142185.html),
> > JDBC should be 4.0, not 3.0.
> >
> > Are there any plans to be compliant to JDBC 4 before Geronimo 3 release ?
>
> Well, the tck passes and I would have thought it was testing JDBC 4.
>  However the tranql wrappers we use don't support the new methods.  I think
> it's time that we upgraded tranql to java 6 and added in the new methods.
>  This will make new tranql releases not work on java 5 (wrong class file
> format) but if we need to fix bugs we might try a tranql java 5 branch.

Yes, tranql java 5 branch is required for G 2.x branch future releases.

Forrest

> thanks
> david jencks
>

> > Regards,
> > Arnaud
> >

> > --

Thanks!

Regards, Forrest

Re: JDBC 4 support in Geronimo 3

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by amergey <a_...@yahoo.fr>.
Hello,

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Sep 2, 2011, at 4:35 AM, amergey wrote:

> Hello
>
> Testing a web application executing some JDBC code using a datasource
> against geronimo 3, I had the following exception
>
> "java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ResultSetHandle.isClosed()Z" when calling
> java.sql.ResultSet.isClose()
>
> So it seems geronimo 3 does not support JDBC 4 API, the bug [GERONIMO-6138]
> (JDBC 4 API is not supported) was closed claiming this bug was fixed in
> trunk since 3.0-M1
>
> but I have tested with latest available SNAPSHOTS
> (geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-web-3.0-20110901.085007-314-bin and
> geronimo-tomcat7-javaee6-3.0-20110901.110425-314-bin) and the issue is still
> there
>
> Is there something I missed ? meaning is there any way to configure a
> datasource for supporting JDBC 4 API ? if it is not can I reopen the bug ?

Thanks for the update. Yes, please re-open the Jira with this additional information.

--kevan