Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com> on 2013/02/19 09:15:33 UTC

Understanding the cloudnode build-couchdb branch

Hi, Jan and all,

I am trying to understand the cloudnode branch to build-couchdb. For
reference, see
https://github.com/cloudnode/build-couchdb/commit/fb739d45bee11e87072c0b246719d20cd8cf67d5#commitcomment-2646725

This would be the first commit which alters the CouchDB source code to this
degree, so I am trying to get a deeper understanding of exactly what the
problem is.

Jan, you said you are using this code for your own work. If you or Hans
Schroeder (is he on this lis?) have any feedback I would appreciate it very
much. I am also frustrated with the Mac builds these days.

Thanks.

--
Iris Couch

Re: Understanding the cloudnode build-couchdb branch

Posted by Jason Smith <jh...@iriscouch.com>.
(Basically agree 100% with Benoit, here.)

Hi, Hans. Sorry for not getting the complete picture. Why did this problem
begin in 1.2.1. My master branch (typically) supports the latest OS X. In
your work, did you learn what went "wrong" in 1.2.1?

Thanks!

Posted by Hans J Schroeder <hs...@cloudno.de>.
Hi all,

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
btw there are other patches needed for ICU:

https://github.com/refuge/couch_core/tree/master/apps/couch/support/patches/icu

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.