Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Scott McCoy <ta...@cpan.org> on 2006/03/01 19:19:04 UTC

WSDL2Java overwriting implementation classes!

Hello,

     I previously was mapping the WSDL2Java classes to a local namespace for
our project.  We have determined using the default generated java namespaces
for the generated code, and using our internal namespace for the
implementation, would be the best course of action.

      However, when I changed our build and generation process to reflect
this suggestion, WSDL2Java started overwriting my implementation class!

<!-- This works as anticipated -->
    <target name="generate-service">
        <java classname="org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java"
              fork="true" failonerror="true">
            <classpath refid="base.classpath"/>
            <arg value="--server-side"/>
            <arg value="--output"/>
            <arg value="src/java"/>
            <arg value="--verbose"/>
            <arg value="--wrapArrays"/>
            <arg value="-Nhttp://plm.marchex.com/credentials=
tufte.model.service"/>
            <arg value="-Nhttp://plm.marchex.com/service/account=
tufte.model.service.account"/>
            <arg value="--implementationClassName"/>
            <arg value="tufte.model.service.account.ServiceHandler"/>
            <arg value="src/xml/account.wsdl"/>
        </java>
    </target>

<!-- This overwrites tufte.model.service.account.ServiceHandler each time!
-->
    <target name="generate-plm">
        <java classname="org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java"
              fork="true" failonerror="true">
            <classpath refid="base.classpath"/>
            <arg value="--server-side"/>
            <arg value="--output"/>
            <arg value="src/java"/>
            <arg value="--verbose"/>
            <arg value="--wrapArrays"/>
            <arg value="--implementationClassName"/>
            <arg value="tufte.model.service.account.ServiceHandler"/>
            <arg value="src/xml/account.wsdl"/>
        </java>
    </target>

If anybody has an idea as to why this is happening it would be much
appreciated.

Re: WSDL2Java overwriting implementation classes!

Posted by Scott McCoy <ta...@cpan.org>.
After further review, this appears to be a bug between
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaBindingWriter and
org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.Utils (in Axis 1.3).  Can someone verify this?

Thanks,
Scott S. McCoy

[Axis2] Windows thread problem

Posted by Roman Weidlich <ro...@gmx.at>.
hi,

i have a problem with not closed threads! i wrote a web
service which invokes other web services. every time the initial web
service is executed two new threads arise outlined in the "Task-Manager"
(ctrl-alt-del) under processes in the column "Threads". My web service
crashes due to an overrun of the java-heap (says the jdk). The published
method of the inital web service does that:

public String say(String data) {

   // first invocation of another web service
   String address =
     invokeEchoBlocking(masteruri, "getEndpoint", "WebService1");

   // store endpoint for next invocation
   EndpointReference er = new EndpointReference(address);

   // second invocation of another web service
   String temp = invokeEchoBlocking(er, "say", data);

   return temp;
}

So if method "say" executes to other web services be used. every
involved web service is hosted inside its own tomcat.

It seems the two additional opened threads belong to the two invocations
in "say"!?

If this is a major bug in Axis2, I sadly must step back to Axis1 for my
project...