Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Kurt Ehrler <ku...@dpapplications.com> on 2000/11/04 06:48:38 UTC

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

Hi. I'm trying to Install Cocoon 1.8  with the latest versions of
Tomcat/Apache on Windows 98. When I try to get to Cocoon.xml, I get the
error.

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.NullPointerException
  at org.apache.cocoon.parser.AbastractParser.init (AbstractParser.java:75)
etc
etc..
I can post the rest if need be, I'm sending this email from a different
machine.
I did not upgrade from a prior version btw, so I can't attribute it to that
(the faq addresses that).
Thanks.
Kurt

Outside visibility problem and others

Posted by Roman Zamorski <ra...@tenbit.pl>.
Hello everyone!

I have problems with using cocoon remotely. I mean it works perfectly, when
I use localhost as a server address, but when I try to access one of my xml
pages from another computer it just gives me this an error message
about access denial to org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon servlet. What should I
do? I've checked both cocoon and Jserv configs and I didn't find
anything that could help me.

I am using debian woody + jserv 1.1.2

Another question is: how can I upload files to the server with
cocoon's help? I would like to use html forms for this.

All the little clues you could give will make me much closer to the
end of my project.

--
Best regards,
 Roman                            mailto:ramzam@tenbit.pl