Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by js...@us.ibm.com on 1999/08/06 05:56:15 UTC

Introduction.

Hello,

My name is Jeff Sinason and I'm a I/T Architect for IBM.  I'm interested is
finding out what the current ongoing projects are and where I could step up to
the plate.

I've been working in the internet technology arena for about 8 years now and can
bring a substantial amount of experience to the table.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Sinason
I/T Architect - ebusiness Consulting

Re: Introduction.

Posted by James Todd <ja...@eng.sun.com>.
hey jeff -

	things are pretty quiet at the moment waiting
	for the pending code drop. should happen rsn.

	i've got an interest in the "configuration
	management" space of web applications and as
	such have collected some thoughts and ideas
	as to a possible road map. this is based on
	my past experience and my current experience
	with the tomcat code base. this discussion
	takes place on tomcat-dev as i am using tomcat
	as a baseline discussion point and reference
	code implemenation ... as a point of discussion.
	we should have a shared doc repository residing
	on jakarta one day but till then i've posted some
	ideas i've formulated with the help of others at:

		http://java.sun.com/people/gonzo/tomcat

	the one-pager may look a bit busy but with the
	understanding of some of the principles contained
	in the associated (and evolving) discussion doc and
	some of the email threads i believe it taking form
	nicely. comments/contributions are gladly welcomed.

	another perspective will be instrumenting a rock
	solid servlet and jsp implementation which can
	be incorporated into apache and such.

	tomcat (aka jswdk: http://java.sun.com/products/jsp)
	is primarily a reference servlet and jsp implemenation
	with a pure java http server (and some docs, test
	and build tools). it is a fun little enviroment to
	play in.

	i'm sure there will be a number of sub-projects
	coming into play as time goes on. this should be
	alot of fun.

	hope this helps,

- james