Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by ftil555 <ni...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/26 15:30:11 UTC

RE: Unable to build examples and tests on Windows

Hi,

>       I have downloaded Qpid source form the
> http://qpid.apache.org/download.html url using
> http://www.apache.org/dist/qpid/M4/qpid-cpp-M4.tar.gz link.
>       Now, as per INSTALL-WINDOWS, there should be examples.sln (in
> src/examples) and tests.sln (in src/tests directory.). But, these
two
> slolution files are not present in the above mentioned folders.

Right - they're not included in M4; they will be in M5.

> Please provide the link for the same.

You can experiment with these by using the svn repository to check out
the current sources. Be aware that checking out the source from svn
will require you to take an extra step or two during the build beyond
what you needed to do for the released M4 kit. Please read the README
carefully.

I am not 100% sure of the M5 release schedule, but I suspect it will
be done within a few weeks.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Check out my networked programming blog at

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Hi ,i also tried to build examples on windows using visual studio 2008 command prompt ,
I tried building example step by step including path for header file which was needed to build the example.
i included path for header files, in boost and qpid, but i struck with the following  error stating  "stdint.h" file not found.
for "stdint.h" file  i search in entire system but unable to find it.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Clustering for Load Balancing

Posted by Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com>.
khayman218@hotmail.com wrote:
> Is there any documentation explaining how to cluster qpid brokers for load balancing as opposed to reliability (failover)?
>
> The documentation for setting up a broker cluster says that the Active/Active model is the default, and it provides for enhanced load-balancing.  However, when I cluster two virtual RHEL5 instances (on separate physical machines) I usually get similar (or worse) perftest results when compared to a single virtual/physical machine.

If you are only after load-balancing, the a federation setup would be
the way to go

Carl.

Posted by kh...@hotmail.com.
Is there any documentation explaining how to cluster qpid brokers for load balancing as opposed to reliability (failover)?

The documentation for setting up a broker cluster says that the Active/Active model is the default, and it provides for enhanced load-balancing.  However, when I cluster two virtual RHEL5 instances (on separate physical machines) I usually get similar (or worse) perftest results when compared to a single virtual/physical machine.

Thanks.

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox.

RE: Unable to build examples and tests on Windows

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> Can you please tell me when Qpid M5 will release ?

I'm not sure, as I'm not directing the process... I believe it should
be within a few weeks barring any unforeseen problems.

-Steve

Posted by ftil555 <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi steve ,

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
> Hi Steve,
>        First of all thanks for your quick response. Can you
> please provide me the link for the executables of tests and
> examples on windows? So that I can try out the functionality
> of qpid on Windows.

There's no packaged kit with tests and examples executables built.
When M5 is out I'll be posting a Windows-installable kit with the
broker and client library pre-built, and the example code ready to
build from that.

For now, the best course of action is to check out the sources from
svn and follow the build instructions included. Please post any
questions or issues on this list and I'll be glad to help further.

Best regards,
-Steve

Posted by ftil555 <ni...@gmail.com>.

>        I have downloaded tests.sln file from the svn
> repository. Now, I am trying to build the tests but it gives
> me number of linker errors saying that "
> msvcprt.lib(MSVCP90.dll) : error LNK2005 : "public:
> __thiscall std::basic_string<char,struct
> std::char_traits<char>, class std::allocator<char>.....
> already defined in qpidclients.lib". I am trying to build the
> release version.

Something is still looking at an old project.

I recommend you wait until the M5 RC is prepared later this week or
early next.

-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Check out my networked programming blog at
http://stevehuston.wordpress.com/

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Hi Steve,
       First of all thanks for your quick response. Can you please provide me the link for the executables of tests and examples on windows? So that I can try out the functionality of qpid on Windows.

Thanks in advance
ftil555

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by ftil555 <ni...@gmail.com>.

> Hi ,i also tried to build examples on windows using visual
> studio 2008 command prompt ,
> I tried building example step by step including path for
> header file which was needed to build the example.
> i included path for header files, in boost and qpid, but i
> struck with the following  error stating  "stdint.h" file not found.

> for "stdint.h" file  i search in entire system but unable to find
it.

You also should do one of:

- Use the current trunk of svn
- Use the 0.5-release branch of svn
- Wait for M5

The examples all build clean in all the above.

-Steve

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Hi All,

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.