Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chris Arnold <ca...@electrichendrix.com> on 2013/03/30 22:42:10 UTC

Multiple domains accessing same Tomcat content

I thought i would understand how to config a 2nd domain to access the same content after configuring for the first domain but that proved wrong. I have multiple domains that need to access the same content. For example, http://share.domain1.com should result in http://share.domain1.com/share and http://share.domain2.com should result in http://share.domain2.com/share. Thanks to Ranier, i have 1 working config accessing http://share.domain.com. Now, how do i add a 2nd domain so they will type http://share.domain2.com and get http://share.domain2.com/share?
Here is the workers.properties file configured for domain2:

worker.properties:

# Define two status worker:
# - jk-status for read-only use
# - jk-manager for read/write use
worker.list=jk-status
worker.jk-status.type=status
worker.jk-status.read_only=true

worker.list=jk-manager
worker.list=worker1
worker.list=worker2
worker.jk-manager.type=status

# We define a load balancer worker
# with name "balancer"
worker.list=balancer
worker.balancer.type=lb
# error_escalation_time: seconds, default = recover_time/2 (=30)
# Determines, how fast a detected error should switch from
# local error state to global error state
# Since: 1.2.28
#worker.balancer.error_escalation_time=0

# - max_reply_timeouts: number, default=0
#   If there are to many reply timeouts, a worker
#   is put into the error state, i.e. it will become
#   unavailable for all sessions residing on the respective
#   Tomcat. The number of tolerated reply timeouts is
#   configured with max_reply_timeouts. The number of
#   timeouts occuring is divided by 2 once a minute and the
#   resulting counter is compared against max_reply_timeouts.
#   If you set max_reply_timeouts to N and the errors are
#   occuring equally distributed over time, you will
#   tolerate N/2 errors per minute. If they occur in a burst
#   you will tolerate N errors.
#   Since: 1.2.24
worker.balancer.max_reply_timeouts=10

# Now we add members to the load balancer
# First member is "node1", most
# attributes are inherited from the
# template "worker.template".
worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker1
worker.worker1.reference=worker.template
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
# Activation allows to configure
# whether this node should actually be used
# A: active (use node fully)
# D: disabled (only use, if sticky session needs this node)
# S: stopped (do not use)
#   Since: 1.2.19
worker.worker1.activation=A

# Second member is "node2", most
# attributes are inherited from the
# template "worker.template".
worker.balancer.balance_workers=worker2
worker.worker2.reference=worker.template
worker.worker2.host=localhost
worker.worker2.port=8009
# Activation allows to configure
# whether this node should actually be used
# A: active (use node fully)
# D: disabled (only use, if sticky session needs this node)
# S: stopped (do not use)
#   Since: 1.2.19
worker.worker2.activation=A

# Finally we put the parameters
# which should apply to all our ajp13
# workers into the referenced template
# - Type is ajp13
worker.template.type=ajp13

# - socket_connect_timeout: milliseconds, default=0
#   Since: 1.2.27
#worker.template.socket_connect_timeout=5000//not supported in the version of mod_jk running 1.2.26

# - socket_keepalive: boolean, default=false
#   Should we send TCP keepalive packets
#   when connection is idle (socket option)?
worker.template.socket_keepalive=true

# - ping_mode: Character, default=none
#   When should we use cping/cpong connection probing?
#   C = directly after establishing a new connection
#   P = directly before sending each request
#   I = in regular intervals for idle connections
#       using the watchdog thread
#   A = all of the above
#   Since: 1.2.27
#worker.template.ping_mode=A//not supported in the version of mod_jk running 1.2.26

# - ping_timeout: milliseconds, default=10000
#   Wait timeout for cpong after cping
#   Can be overwritten for modes C and P
#   Using connect_timeout and prepost_timeout.
#   Since: 1.2.27
#worker.template.ping_timeout=10000//not supported in the version of mod_jk running 1.2.26

# - connection_pool_minsize: number, default=connection_pool_size
#   Lower pool size when shrinking pool due
#   to idle connections
#   We want all connections to be closed when
#   idle for a long time in order to prevent
#   firewall problems.
#   Since: 1.2.16
worker.template.connection_pool_minsize=0

# - connection_pool_timeout: seconds, default=0
#   Idle time, before a connection is eligible
#   for being closed (pool shrinking).
#   This should be the same value as connectionTimeout
#   in the Tomcat AJP connector, but there it is
#   milliseconds, here seconds.
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=600

# - reply_timeout: milliseconds, default=0
#   Any pause longer than this timeout during waiting
#   for a part of the reply will abort handling the request
#   in mod_jk. The request will proceed running in
#   Tomcat, but the web server resources will be freed
#   and an error is send to the client.
#   For individual requests, the timeout can be overwritten
#   by the Apache environment variable JK_REPLY_TIMEOUT.
#   JK_REPLY_TIMEOUT since: 1.2.27
worker.template.reply_timeout=300000

# - recovery_options: number, default=0
#   Bit mask to configure, if a request, which was send
#   to a backend successfully, should be retried on another backend
#   in case there's a problem with the response.
#   Value "3" disables retries, whenever a part of the request was
#   successfully send to the backend.
worker.template.recovery_options=3

Here is the configured virtualhost for domain2:
2nd virtualhost:
JkMount /share|/* worker2
RedirectMatch ^/$ http://share.domain2.com/share/