Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff Pierce <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/11 17:45:37 UTC

Issue with resource-bundle in portlet.xml

I seem to be having an issue when using <resource-bundle> in my
portlet.xml.  This is what I have observed.

The portlet description and information does not appear when you edit a page
and try to add a portlet using the Add Portlet page.  It just shows blank
information next to the icon and above the Add link.  Also, the keywords
from the resource bundle don't work. If you put the same information
directly into the portlet.xml, it shows up and works fine on the Add Portlet
page.

When you add the portlet, the title shows up fine using the resource bundle.

The Portlet Application Manager appears to get the resource bundle
information OK, at least the first time the portlet is deployed. When
viewing the portlet details, the PortletDetailsManager shows the correction
information on the Languages tab.  However, if you redeploy your portlet
with changes to the resource information, it is not picked up and continues
to show the information from the first deployment. I've tried several
variations on redeploying, delete the portlet webapp, restarting without
much luck here.  Seems only after building our custom portal with a
target=all the new info is picked up.

Here is my resource bundle:
javax.portlet.title=SimplePortletTitle
javax.portlet.short-title=SimpleShortTitle
javax.portlet.description=This is a simple portlet example
javax.portlet.display-name=SimpleDisplayName
javax.portlet.keywords=simple,sample,spring

Here is my portlet.xml file
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app id='vs-demo'
    xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd"
version="2.0"
    xsi:schemaLocation="
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_2_0.xsd">

    <portlet>
        <portlet-name>simpleportlet</portlet-name>

<portlet-class>org.springframework.web.portlet.DispatcherPortlet</portlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <name>contextConfigLocation</name>
            <value>/WEB-INF/context/simpleportlet.xml</value>
        </init-param>
        <supports>
            <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
            <portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>
            <portlet-mode>HELP</portlet-mode>
        </supports>
        <resource-bundle>com.sample.simpleportlet</resource-bundle>
    </portlet>

</portlet-app>

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Re: Issue with resource-bundle in portlet.xml

Posted by Jeff Pierce <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thank you.

I went to add the additional information about "Add Portlet" doesn't seem to
use the resource information when displaying or searching for portlets but
after several attempts at creating a Jira account and failing to match the
generated image I gave up.

I will try again later.
Jeff

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.