Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vincent Stoessel <vi...@xaymaca.com> on 2002/10/24 23:01:16 UTC

Validator files questions

In my struts 1.1b2 dist, I got 3 Validator related files in my WEB-INF.

validator-rules.xml
validation.xml
validator.xml

In Chuck's book, he only refers to the first 2. What is
validator.xml for?

Thanks.

--
Vincent Stoessel
Linux Systems Developer

Re: Validator files questions

Posted by James Holmes <jh...@yahoo.com>.
That file shouldn't have been there and has been
removed in the nightly builds.  You can disregard it.

-james
http://www.jamesholmes.com/struts/

Posted by Vincent PROSPER <Vi...@Alkinos.com>.
Hi,

You put as many xml files as you want, but they must be described in your
struts-config.xml file:

 <plug-in className="org.apache.struts.validator.ValidatorPlugIn">
    <set-property property="pathnames"
value="/WEB-INF/validator-rules.xml,/WEB-INF/validation.xml,/WEB-INF/validat
ion2.xml"/>
 </plug-in>

The only prerequisite is that validator-rules.xml is the one provided with
Struts distribution.

So, naming your file validator.xml or validation.xml doesn't matter.

Vincent