Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Karl Klingman <ka...@mindspring.com> on 2000/09/30 22:21:08 UTC

Exceptions in Demo Apps

I'm sure this must have been answered before but...

I just installed the soap version 2.0 software with Jakarta Tomcat.
I am able to deploy the descriptors with apparent success.  However, when I
attempt to run either the Address or StockQuote examples (per the example
at the bottom of the README), I recieve an exception that says:
org.apache.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the root
element must be well-formed.

Did I miss something in the documentation or README files?

I presume that the correct values for deployment are those contained in the
deployment descriptor xml files.  I did not enter any values in the type
mapping fields on the deployment screen.  Is all this correct?  In addition
I have included the latest xerces.jar file as the first item in Tomcat's
classpath .

Thanks,
Karl
Karl Klingman
President, LogicPipe, Inc.
karl@logicpipe.com
http://www.logicpipe.com

RE: Exceptions in Demo Apps

Posted by Dave Joyner <jo...@pacbell.net>.
Hi

Make sure you don't have an xml.jar file somewhere in your classpath (I
discovered  an xml.jar in jre/lib/ext!).

For the stockquote demo you don't need to enter any mappings, for the
addressbook demo you do -- follow the DeploymentDescriptor.xml for clues --
if you are running on win32 you'll need this url

http://www.zaks.demon.co.uk/com/index.html

This brainy guy Simon Fell has done some nifty work which he is sharing with
us...

HTH
Dave Joyner
joynerd@pacbell.net