Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Nandakishore Arvapaly <na...@aggiemail.usu.edu> on 2015/12/30 17:56:36 UTC

Re: Unable to start Cassandra

Hi Team,

In one of the cassandra tutorials, it says to set the JAVA_HOME with
/usr/local/java/jdk1.8.0_65
I did that but faced the below message when i'm trying to start the
cassandra with this command "bin/cassandra -f"
"Cassandra 3.0 and later require Java 8u40 or later"

Can you please let me know if I have to do something else it to work.

Thanks,
Nandakishore A,
MMIS,
435 374 6189
My LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/nandakishorea/>

Re: Unable to start Cassandra

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 12/30/2015 10:56 AM, Nandakishore Arvapaly wrote:
> In one of the cassandra tutorials, it says to set the JAVA_HOME with
> /usr/local/java/jdk1.8.0_65
> I did that but faced the below message when i'm trying to start the
> cassandra with this command "bin/cassandra -f"
> "Cassandra 3.0 and later require Java 8u40 or later"
>
> Can you please let me know if I have to do something else it to work.

`java -version`
`which java`

--
Kind regards,