Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Neale Rudd <ne...@metawerx.net> on 2012/03/06 10:19:57 UTC

Missing web.xml file causes UnknownModuleTypeException

Hi Guys,

One of the apps we're trying on TomEE 1.0.0-beta-2 throws an UnknownModuleTypeException when deploying, because it has no WEB-INF/web.xml file.

It's a simple static website (html, css, images).

The docs I've read seem to indicate that web.xml is optional, and it's definitely optional on Tomcat 7.

Is this a difference with TomEE or a pending issue?

I found another mail on the list from 9-Oct-2011 and TOMEE-27 on Jira but it's marked as Fixed for 1.0.0-beta-2.

Best Regards,
Neale Rudd
Metawerx Pty Ltd
http://www.metawerx.net

Re: Missing web.xml file causes UnknownModuleTypeException

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
hmm,

try to compile the maven plugins before openejb:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/maven-plugins/

i'm not sure everything is up to adte in nexus

- Romain

Posted by Neale Rudd <ne...@metawerx.net>.
Hi Romain,

[...]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:556)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:387)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:348)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:180)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Saw it yesterday i think and fix it in a different way. It should work but
i think the snapshot is not up to date on the apache repo because we need
to upgrade the jdk because of a bug in the version our ci platform uses.

I added a test where i deploy a webapp with only an index.html so i guess
the fix should be enough.

- Romain

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
yep, the Apache one: