Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Shun Jie Lau <ei...@hotmail.com> on 2009/06/26 23:49:02 UTC

ExternalLink via AjaxLink

Hi, I am a new user to Wicket.
In the code written, I have the following

ImageMapArea area = (ImageMapArea) item.getModelObject();
AjaxLink link = new AjaxLink("area"){
  public void onClick(final AjaxRequestTarget target){
    //go to external url in current browser
  }
}

I trying to find a method to navigate to an external URL for example "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/wicket"
I have been looking at EternalLink and RedirectPage but I cannot get what I wished for.

So what would be the easiest to accomplish the above which is to navigate to a new URL in a tab or new window when the user clock on the imagemap.

Thank you !

Create a cool, new character for your Windows Live™ Messenger.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9656621

Re: ExternalLink via AjaxLink

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
If you're trying to do a client-side image map, you might try my
ClientSideImageMap class available as an attachment in JIRA:

With it, you can "attach" an ExternalLink to an area within the image.