Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Owen <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2005/07/29 12:56:14 UTC

[m1] Clover coverage different to Ant

Hi,

I'm transforming an Ant script into Maven, and in doing so implementing
clover coverage. I'm using Maven 1.0.2 and I've upgraded the Clover plugin
to use 1.9.1
(http://maven.apache.org/reference/plugins/clover/downloads.html). This is
so I can use the maven.clover.excludes property.

For my Ant script, I'm using the Clover plugin "Clover v1.3.1_01", and set
the excludes to the same as I do for Maven.

The outcome is that the coverage percentages between the two results is
different, and even when I take the coverage excludes property away on Maven
and Ant, their coverage percentages are different.

Will this be down to the different plugin's, or something else?

Mike

RE: [m1] Clover coverage different to Ant

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Michael,

That's probably because the default parameters used by the  Maven Clover
plugin are different from the ones you use in your Ant build.xml script.

If you want to track this down, the best is for you to open your cached copy
of the clover plugin (in
~user/.maven/cache/maven-clover-plugin-1.9.1/plugin.jelly and check whether
the commands that are executed correspond to what you're using in your Ant
build file.

-Vincent