Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by gidon <gi...@gidon.com> on 2002/03/19 19:56:09 UTC

trouble with interactive debugger in apache

Here's the log error:

[notice] Apache::DB initialized in child 6217
Default die handler restored.
[Tue Mar 19 15:59:07 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::Registry::handler called.

END log error

Here's my config snippet:

<IfDefine PERLDB>
    <Perl>
      use Apache::DB ();
      Apache::DB->init;
    </Perl>
    <Location />
      PerlFixupHandler Apache::DB
    </Location>
</IfDefine>

PerlRequire  /home/fastget/all/fast/etc/startup.pl
<Location /get>
    SetHandler     perl-script
    PerlHandler    Apache::Registry
    PerlSendHeader On
    Options        ExecCGI
 </Location>

END config snippet

I ran the apache with this command:
/opt/apache/bin/httpd -X -D PERLDB

I clicked on the mod_perl URL in question which normally works.

I got a "Internal Server Error"

I got this command line response:

Editor support available.

Enter h or `h h' for help, or `man perldebug' for more help.

That's all folks.

I'd love to be able to use the debugger.

Could my problem have anything to do with the fact that mod_perl
is compiled as a shared object? Or the fact that these scripts
are Apache::Registry scripts? I read the guide and made sure
to init before anything else.

Thanks for taking the time!

Gidon

Re: trouble with interactive debugger in apache

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
gidon wrote:
> Here's the log error:
>
> [notice] Apache::DB initialized in child 6217
> Default die handler restored.
> [Tue Mar 19 15:59:07 2002] [error] Undefined subroutine &Apache::Registry::handler called.
>
> END log error

Yup, I see the same. To solve it add before the debugger config:

PerlModule Apache::Registry