Posted to user@lucy.apache.org by Ashley Pond V <as...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/28 00:07:32 UTC

[lucy-user] Custom stemmer

Hi all. I wrote my own stemmer in plain Perl earlier today expecting
it wouldn't be too hard to figure out how to drop it into a
Lucy/KinoSearch Analysis stemmer. But it does seem to be too hard for
me to figure out, at least readily.

I searched and found only mentions of "yes, we should put up a
tutorial for writing analyzers..."

Is there better news? Is this something that has to go through
Clownfish or whatever the C/obj binding stuff is today?

Thanks so much for looking!
-Ashley

Re: [lucy-user] Custom stemmer

Posted by Nick Wellnhofer <we...@aevum.de>.
On 28/11/2013 00:07, Ashley Pond V wrote:
> Hi all. I wrote my own stemmer in plain Perl earlier today expecting
> it wouldn't be too hard to figure out how to drop it into a
> Lucy/KinoSearch Analysis stemmer. But it does seem to be too hard for
> me to figure out, at least readily.
>
> I searched and found only mentions of "yes, we should put up a
> tutorial for writing analyzers..."
>
> Is there better news? Is this something that has to go through
> Clownfish or whatever the C/obj binding stuff is today?

Unfortunately, we still don't have a tutorial for custom Analyzers. But
you can write Analyzers in Perl and it's actually pretty easy.

This mailing list post should get you started:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucy-user/201301.mbox/%3C50F80126.30803@aevum.de%3E

If you run into problems, feel free to ask on this list.

Nick