Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Kevin Chen <kc...@palantir.com> on 2015/09/11 20:30:31 UTC

New Spark json endpoints

Hello Spark Devs,

 I noticed that [SPARK-3454], which introduces new json endpoints at
/api/v1/[path] for information previously only shown on the web UI, does not
expose several useful properties about Spark jobs that are exposed on the
web UI and on the unofficial /json endpoint.

 Specific examples include the maximum number of allotted cores per
application, amount of memory allotted to each slave, and number of cores
used by each worker. These are provided at ‘app.cores, app.memoryperslave,
and worker.coresused’ in the /json endpoint, and also all appear on the web
UI page.

 Is there any specific reason that these fields are not exposed in the
public API? If not, would it be reasonable to add them to the json blobs,
possibly in a future /api/v2 API?

Thank you,
Kevin Chen

Re: New Spark json endpoints

Posted by Reynold Xin <rx...@databricks.com>.
Do we need to increment the version number if it is just strict additions?

Re: New Spark json endpoints

Posted by Kevin Chen <kc...@palantir.com>.
Thank you all for the feedback. I’ve created a corresponding JIRA ticket at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-10565, updated with a summary of
this thread.

From:  Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>
Date:  Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 8:00 AM
To:  Imran Rashid <ir...@cloudera.com>
Cc:  Kevin Chen <kc...@palantir.com>, "dev@spark.apache.org"
<de...@spark.apache.org>, Matt Cheah <mc...@palantir.com>, Mingyu Kim
<mk...@palantir.com>
Subject:  Re: New Spark json endpoints

While we're at it, adding endpoints that get results by jobGroup (cf.
SparkContext#setJobGroup) instead of just for a single Job would also be
very useful to some of us.

Re: New Spark json endpoints

Posted by Mark Hamstra <ma...@clearstorydata.com>.

Re: New Spark json endpoints