Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Aditi Ganorkar <ag...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/27 07:26:15 UTC

problem in installation

Hi,
I am newbie to axis and trying to install axis2
version 1.2 on windows 2000.

I did following steps while installation:

1. downloaded Axis2 standard distribution.
2.set AXIS2_HOME env variable pointing to directory
where it is installed.
3. installed apache ant and set its env variable.
4. created axis2.war and put it in tomcat6.0\webapp
directory.

5. I got test page http://127.0.0.1:8080/axis2 and
"validate" also worked properly.
6. I was tring to install stand alone server with
axis2server.bat. but it gives error
"Exception in thread "main"
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/axis2/tran
sport/SimpleAxis2Server"

There was no environment variable as "CLASSPATH" which
I created and set it to AXIS2_HOME\lib directory.

also wsdl2java.bat also giving same error as class not
found.
What is missing?
Thanks,
Aditi

Re: problem in installation

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hi Aditi,
Can you please provide me following information to reproduce this issue?
I did not encounter such an issue in windows XP.

- Jdk version
- Windows directory which you extracted axis2-1.2.zip (Does it have
spaces? eg:- C:/Documents and settings/)
- Did you execute axis2server from %Axis2_home%\bin?

Thanks!
Charitha