Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Archie Cobbs <ar...@dellroad.org> on 2006/04/28 18:56:04 UTC

Build problems

Hi,

I'm trying to build Batik from the latest sources and get these errors
(among others):

  [javac] Compiling 1521 source files to xml-batik/classes
  [javac]
xml-batik/sources-1.4/org/apache/batik/ext/awt/image/codec/imageio/AbstractImageIORegistryEntry.java:127:
warning: unmappable character for encoding ASCII
  [javac]                         //Na?ve approach probably wasting lots of memory
  [javac]                             ^
  [javac] xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/dom/AbstractDocument.java:70:
cannot find symbol
  [javac] symbol  : class MutationNameEvent
  [javac] location: package org.w3c.dom.events
  [javac] import org.w3c.dom.events.MutationNameEvent;

The first is just a warning but I thought I'd include it FWIW.

My main question is where do I get "org.w3c.dom.events.MutationNameEvent"
(and several other new classes in that package)? The latest code from
the xml-commons project seems to be xml-commons-1.0.b2 dated 06-Feb-02.

Thanks,
-Archie

Re: Build problems

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi Archie.

Archie Cobbs:
> I'm trying to build Batik from the latest sources and get these errors
> (among others):
>
>  [javac] Compiling 1521 source files to xml-batik/classes
>  [javac]
> xml-batik/sources-1.4/org/apache/batik/ext/awt/image/codec/imageio/AbstractImageIORegistryEntry.java:127:
> warning: unmappable character for encoding ASCII
>  [javac]                         //Na?ve approach probably wasting lots of
>  memory
>  [javac]                             ^

That one's ignorable.  I haven't seen that particular warning myself,
but under my environment javac might be assuming a different encoding
for the source files.

>  [javac] xml-batik/sources/org/apache/batik/dom/AbstractDocument.java:70:
> cannot find symbol
>  [javac] symbol  : class MutationNameEvent
>  [javac] location: package org.w3c.dom.events
>  [javac] import org.w3c.dom.events.MutationNameEvent;
>
> The first is just a warning but I thought I'd include it FWIW.
>
> My main question is where do I get "org.w3c.dom.events.MutationNameEvent"
> (and several other new classes in that package)? The latest code from
> the xml-commons project seems to be xml-commons-1.0.b2 dated 06-Feb-02.

These should be in the lib/xml-apis-dom3.jar that's included with the
distribution.

--
 Cameron McCormack			ICQ: 26955922
 cam (at) mcc.id.au			MSN: cam (at) mcc.id.au