Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by William Bottrell <bo...@gmail.com> on 2020/07/07 18:48:15 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-622 Add currentSystemTimeMs and currentStreamTimeMs to ProcessorContext

Hi everyone,

I'd like to start a vote for adding two new time API's to ProcessorContext.

Add currentSystemTimeMs and currentStreamTimeMs to ProcessorContext
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-622%3A+Add+currentSystemTimeMs+and+currentStreamTimeMs+to+ProcessorContext>

 Thanks everyone for the initial feedback and thanks for your time.

Re: [VOTE] KIP-622 Add currentSystemTimeMs and currentStreamTimeMs to ProcessorContext

Posted by Jorge Esteban Quilcate Otoya <qu...@gmail.com>.
Yet another quick FYI.

While implementing KIP-820, we found that `api.MockProcessorContext` was
missing these new methods as well.
We added the new method to the new `api.MockProcessorContext` via
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-13654.

Please let us know if there are any concerns.

I updated the KIP accordingly.

Cheers,
Jorge

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.