Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com> on 2020/09/09 18:34:25 UTC

[REPORT] Lucene.NET - September, 2020

Apache Lucene.NET is a port of the Lucene search engine library, written in C# and targeted at .NET runtime users.

== Summary ==

Lucene.NET has had a pretty active quarter:

  *   Several bug fixes
  *   Some missing features were added to the project
  *   The test framework has had some major bottlenecks removed
  *   We had 3 beta releases (00009, 00010, 00011)
  *   We also had releases of our 2 main dependencies, J2N and ICU4N
  *   We set up performance benchmarks to see how different releases compare

Since our move to GitHub Issues, we are now getting bug reports that have been long underreported. This new collaboration channel with end users is helping us zero in on bugs, and is also helping to drive some PR activity from contributors. We have also been steadily improving performance and refactoring APIs to be more .NET-like than Java-like.

In addition, 2 new PMC members were added this quarter.

== Board-Level Issues ==

There are no Board-level issues at this time.

== Releases ==

* Last Release 3.0.3 - Oct 2012

* Working toward 4.8.0 - Currently beta00011, released 2020-07-24

== People ==

* Last PMC Member added Sept 2020, Laimonas Simutis (laimis)

* Last committer added April 2020, Michael Condillac (xmichaelc78x)

* PMC Chair rotated 20 June 2018 to Shad Storhaug (nightowl888)