Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Corbett, Keith" <km...@netgen.com> on 2001/02/16 00:19:53 UTC

Is anyone building Xerces-C for AIX 4.3?

We are about to try building Xerces-C on AIX for the first time. We need to
build libxerces for AIX 4.3. The distributed binary was built for AIX 4.2
and won't link with our executables.

According to smit, the installed compiler is:

  ibmcxx.cmp                 3.6.6.0    C    IBM C and C++ Compilers

Is anybody using this build environment? Any gotchas or pointers on
configure settings?

Also, does anyone have a library file we could use until we get the build
working?

Thanks,

/kmc

Re: How to append the node of.... <- other problem too...

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hmm... I see. Then you have to manually add the functionality of an importNode to your code, or even better modifiy the xml4com and add an importNode method to the CXMLDOMDocument class, and post the patch to
the list.

Regards,
Khaled Noaman
XML Parsers - IBM Toronto Lab
knoaman@ca.ibm.com

Posted by Hyungseok Choi <ch...@mpeg.korea.ac.kr>.

Posted by Khaled Noaman <kn...@ca.ibm.com>.

Re: Is anyone building Xerces-C for AIX 4.3?

Posted by Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann <mn...@mosaic-ag.com>.
On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 06:19:53PM -0500, Corbett, Keith wrote:
> We are about to try building Xerces-C on AIX for the first time. We need to
> build libxerces for AIX 4.3. The distributed binary was built for AIX 4.2
> and won't link with our executables.
>
> According to smit, the installed compiler is:
>
>   ibmcxx.cmp                 3.6.6.0    C    IBM C and C++ Compilers
>
> Is anybody using this build environment? Any gotchas or pointers on
> configure settings?

After some adjustements I have built and use xerces-c 1.3 on all AIX4.[123]
with DCE Threads with xlC 3.6.x. If anyone is interressted in (DCE Threads
instead of Posix Threads) I can send you the patches.
--
Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann

MOSAIC SOFTWARE AG
Base Development and Research