Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/25 09:14:55 UTC

M2 branch merged with trunk but has a build failure

I merged the M2 branch with the latest changes from Dain, Blevins and Jencks.

I think the merge went pretty well considering I was doing it for the
first time. However, the M2 build fails in the assemblies with the
error shown below.

I spent quite some time trying to resolve this but in vain :-(

At this point, we have either of the following 2 options
1) simply revert my commits and try a merge again
2) fix this.

[DEBUG] Resolving artifact:
org.apache.geronimo.configs:openejb:car:2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG] openejb: using locally installed snapshot
[INFO] Installing module:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/car
[DEBUG] Installing module:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/car (8705 bytes)
[DEBUG] Installing module dependencies for artifact:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/openejb/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/car
[DEBUG] Skipping artifact; already installed:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/transaction-jta11/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/car
[DEBUG] Skipping artifact; already installed:
org.apache.geronimo.configs/webservices-common/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/car
[DEBUG] Resolving artifact:
org.apache.geronimo.modules:geronimo-openejb:jar:2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT
[DEBUG] geronimo-openejb: using locally installed snapshot
[INFO] Installing dependency:
org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-openejb/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/jar
[DEBUG] Copying dependency:
org.apache.geronimo.modules/geronimo-openejb/2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT/jar
(28439 bytes)
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Unable to resolve dependency
org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec//jar

[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to
resolve dependency
org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec//jar
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:559)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Unable to
resolve dependency
org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec//jar
	at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:137)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:412)
	at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
	... 16 more
Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.MissingDependencyException:
Unable to resolve dependency
org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-ejb_3.0_spec//jar
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:123)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:94)
	at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveInClassLoader(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:86)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installDependencies(InstallModulesMojo.java:373)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installDependency(InstallModulesMojo.java:361)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.install(InstallModulesMojo.java:205)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installDependencies(InstallModulesMojo.java:378)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installModuleDependencies(InstallModulesMojo.java:296)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installModule(InstallModulesMojo.java:270)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.install(InstallModulesMojo.java:203)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installDependencies(InstallModulesMojo.java:378)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installModuleDependencies(InstallModulesMojo.java:296)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.installModule(InstallModulesMojo.java:270)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.install(InstallModulesMojo.java:203)
	at org.apache.geronimo.mavenplugins.car.InstallModulesMojo.doExecute(InstallModulesMojo.java:158)
	at org.apache.geronimo.genesis.MojoSupport.execute(MojoSupport.java:122)
	... 18 more

Cheers
Prasad

Re: M2 branch merged with trunk but has a build failure

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Ready with this command to rollback merges

svn merge -r 499679:499677

Cheers
Prasad

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.
Available at people.apache.org/~pmcmahan/geronimo-tomcat6-jee5-2.0-M2-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
Do you need the tgz too?

Paul

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
Paul,

Posted by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.

Posted by Prasad Kashyap <go...@gmail.com>.
On 1/25/07, David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I checked out 2.0-M2 and built it without problems so I don't think these
> changes caused whatever build problems you are seeing.

Hmm.. I saw the same problem on 2 separate machines. One machine had
an absolutely clean setup (clean repo and tree). The other did just an
svn up.

Kicked it off again now and praying.

Cheers
Prasad