Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ricardo Gladwell <ri...@btinternet.com> on 2004/08/24 13:04:58 UTC

Sun Binary Dependencies

Hi All,

At the moment one of my maven projects depends upon JARs distributed by
Sun (e.g. JTA). I'm manually downloading and extracting the ZIPs from
Sun and copying the JARs to my local repository. Ideally, I would like
some way to automatically download the ZIPs and extract the relevant files.

I understand there was some discussion about this on the mailing list to
create some "scrapper" maven plug-ins to auotmagically do this. What was
the outcome and what is the process for supplying these files?

Kind regards
-- Ricardo Gladwell

Re: Sun Binary Dependencies

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@student.matnat.uio.no>.
Geronimo has implementations of a lot of the j2ee specifiactions.

They can be found in http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/geronimo-spec/jars/

--
Trygve

RE: Sun Binary Dependencies

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ap...@carlos.cousas.net>.
Hi,

The apache jars are responsability of each apache project. Other projects
(not all) have to ask to upload their jars
http://maven.apache.org/repository-upload.html.

Regards

Carlos Sanchez
A Coruña, Spain

Oness Project
http://oness.sourceforge.net

Re: Sun Binary Dependencies

Posted by Ricardo Gladwell <ri...@btinternet.com>.
Hi Guys,

Re: Sun Binary Dependencies

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: Sun Binary Dependencies

Posted by "matthew.hawthorne" <ma...@apache.org>.
Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> You can extract them to a dir of your project and use jar override, then you
> can distribute it with the rest of your files.

A similar option would be to create a separate local repository which is
checked in
with the rest of your project.

Something like this:
projectRoot/
   lib/
     com.sun/
       jars/
         mailapi.jar
         ejb-2.1.jar

Then, you could instruct people (or maybe write a maven.xml goal) to include
this directory as a "remote" repo

maven.repo.remote=file://///path/to/projectRoot/lib,www.ibiblio.org/maven

The first time that you run it, the jars will be copied from the special
local repo
to the main one.

This is how I'm doing it.

RE: Sun Binary Dependencies