Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Josef Reislhuber <Jo...@gfpgmbh.de> on 2010/03/10 08:45:01 UTC

Ivy and Adobe Flex

Hi,

I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with using Ivy for Adobe Flex
projects in Eclipse, or if this is even possible.

More specifically, I would like to deploy .swc files to a repository,
retrieve them in the Eclipse IDE and automatically add the .swc files to the
libraries of the Flex Build Path of a Flex project. Just like .jar files are
automatically added to the libraries of the Java Build Path of a Java
project.

Thanks in advance,

Josef Reislhuber

RE: Ivy and Adobe Flex

Posted by Josef Reislhuber <Jo...@gfpgmbh.de>.
Thank you very much for the quick answer.
Your post is a real help for me.

Once I have figured out how it works, I will
post an example, in case someone else stumbles
across the same problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Josef Reislhuber

RE: Ivy and Adobe Flex

Posted by "Glidden, Douglass A" <Do...@boeing.com>.
I've done it before, but it's been a while.  IIRC, Flex Projects have a "lib dir" option of some sort, that allows you to specify a directory that Eclipse will search for SWC files; just make sure Ivy downloads your SWC dependencies to that directory and Eclipse will pick them up automatically (although you will probably have to hit F5 to refresh the project after every resolve in order to make sure any newly downloaded dependencies are found).

My apologies for not being able to be more specific--it's been several months since I last worked on a Flex project, and my Flex Builder licenses have long since expired.  It's definitely possible, though, and as well as I can remember it's not particularly difficult to set up.

Doug Glidden
Software Engineer
The Boeing Company
Douglass.A.Glidden@boeing.com