Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Nicholas Gallardo <ni...@yahoo.com> on 2009/11/05 16:53:45 UTC

[VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

The Wink community has voted on and approved the release
of Wink 1.0 (RC-5).  We would now like to request the
approval of the Incubator PMC for this release.

Details of the Wink community vote can be found here:
http://n2.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Wink-1-0-RC-5-td3936613.html#a3936613

The Maven staging area is at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-011/

The distributions are in:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-011/org/apache/wink/apache-wink/1.0-incubating/

This release is tagged at:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.0-incubating/  (revision 832289)

The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.

Regards,

-Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Niclas,

I promoted the release in Nexus so it is no long available in the staging
repository, but now available here:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/wink/apache-wink/1.0-incubating/

I haven't been able to update the links on the download page as I'm waiting
for write access privileges to the /www/www.apache.org/dist/incubator/wink
directory on people.apache.org.  Once I have that I can move the release
resources over.  One of the other committers already has the changes
prepped for the website.

Regards,

-Nick

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Niclas Hedhman
             <niclas@hedhman.o
             rg>                                                        To
             Sent by:                  general@incubator.apache.org
             hedhman@gmail.com                                          cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/10/2009 11:16          Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)
             PM

             Please respond to
             general@incubator
                .apache.org

What happen to this release?

The links in this post are no longer valid, and the Download page
http://incubator.apache.org/wink/downloads.html shows no sign of a
1.0-incubating release...

Cheers
Niclas

On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Nicholas Gallardo
<ni...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Wink community has voted on and approved the release
> of Wink 1.0 (RC-5).  We would now like to request the
> approval of the Incubator PMC for this release.
>
> Details of the Wink community vote can be found here:
> http://n2.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Wink-1-0-RC-5-td3936613.html#a3936613
>
> The Maven staging area is at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-011/
>
> The distributions are in:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachewink-011/org/apache/wink/apache-wink/1.0-incubating/

> This release is tagged at:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/wink/tags/wink-1.0-incubating/
(revision 832289)

> The vote will be open here for at least 72 hours.
>

> Regards,
>
> -Nick

Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 2:48 PM, Michael Elman <el...@apache.org> wrote:
> It seems that Nick has some problems copying the  distribution on
> people.apache.org (see http://tinyurl.com/yhpfp2v)
> I've already made changes to the site, but I don't want to upload it
> unless all the links work.

Ok... I wait until next week then.

Cheers

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Michael Elman <el...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
What happen to this release?

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Nov 9, 2009, at 9:23 AM, Nicholas L Gallardo wrote:

> Thanks Leo, your input is much appreciated.
>
> In addition to this +1, we received a +1 from Kevan Miller in the
> Wink community vote. Is that vote transportable here? If so, then we
> just need one more +1 to release as the vote has already been open
> for 72 hours.

Hi Nick,
Yes, my vote transfers. So, we need a minimum of one more IPMC +1.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM, Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Thanks Leo, your input is much appreciated.
>
> In addition to this +1, we received a +1 from Kevan Miller in the Wink community vote. Is that vote transportable here? If so, then we just need one more +1 to release as the vote has already been open for 72 hours.

Yeah that's fine, basically you need:
* at least 3 binding +1s (i.e. binding = from PMC members)
* more binding +1s than -1s
* enough time for people to evaluate the release and vote (72 hours is
just a custom rather than a hard rule, i.e. its nice to take into
account weekends and holidays)

I see Ant just voted, so you're done.

cheers!

Leo

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Yep, I agree with what Kevan just said, so you're good to go now.

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Ant.  Do you have any input on the question below?

> Is that vote [mentor/IPMC member] transportable here?

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             ant elder
             <ant.elder@gmail.
                                       general@incubator.apache.org
             11/09/2009 08:42                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)
             Please respond to
             general@incubator
                .apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
Looks good to me +1

   ...ant

Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)

Posted by Nicholas L Gallardo <nl...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Leo, your input is much appreciated.

In addition to this +1, we received a +1 from Kevan Miller in the Wink
community vote.  Is that vote transportable here?  If so, then we just need
one more +1 to release as the vote has already been open for 72 hours.

Nicholas Gallardo
WebSphere  - REST & WebServices Development
nlgallar@us.ibm.com
Phone: 512-286-6258
Building: 903 / 5G-016

             Leo Simons
             <mail@leosimons.c
                                       general@incubator.apache.org
             11/09/2009 06:38                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [VOTE] Release Wink 1.0 (RC-5)
             Please respond to