Posted to dev@tiles.apache.org by Nicolas LE BAS <ma...@nlebas.net> on 2012/03/13 21:34:32 UTC

Re: Building maven site

On 12-03-05 07:31 PM, Nicolas LE BAS wrote:
> On 12-03-01 05:53 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:
>> On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 17:10 -0500, Nicolas LE BAS wrote:
>>> - I'm having a hard time running "mvn clean site:stage" and have all the
>>> reports available. Some checkstyle and emma reports are missing, and jxr
>>> reports are generated but not staged. Perhaps I'm not doing it right...
>>> but I guess this would be our first task.
>>
>> You need to use maven-3 for site.
>>

> Well, it's still difficult (although better):
> - dependency reports are missing (but then they are missing on the web
> site, too:
> http://tiles.apache.org/request/tiles-request-api/dependencies.html)
> - emma coverage reports and source xref are generated in the target
> directory of each module but not staged.
>
> I'm using (running java 6 to get the UML diagrams included in the
> javadoc, but oracle java 7 has the same problems):
>
> tiles-request $ JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk" mvn -version
> Apache Maven 3.0.3 (r1075438; 2011-02-28 12:31:09-0500)
> Maven home: /usr/local/maven
> Java version: 1.6.0_20, vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc.
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk/jre
> Default locale: en_CA, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux", version: "2.6.32-38-generic", arch: "amd64", family:
> "unix"
>
> tiles-request $ JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-openjdk" mvn
> -Dmaven.test.skip=false clean javadoc:jar sources:jar package site:stage
>
> Adding -Pmaven-3 yields the same results.
>
> Did you run into those same problems when deploying the site earlier?
>
> Nick

Here's how I finally got it working:
- replacing org.apache.tiles:tiles-master:3 by org.apache:apache:9
directly (hence using the versions provided by the ASF for all plugins):
fixes the missing dependencies report.
- replacing org.codehaus.mojo:jxr-maven-plugin by
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jxr-plugin : fixes the missing XREFs.
- replacing emma-maven-plugin by cobertura-maven-plugin: fixes the
missing test coverage report, although it's using a different tool.

Now I'm wondering about the best way to do it. I guess removing
tiles-master would be a bad practice, so we would need to release a new
version of it. How do we do that?

Besides, are those changes OK with you?

Nick.

Re: Building maven site

Posted by Nicolas LE BAS <ma...@nlebas.net>.
On 12-04-24 08:44 AM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:
> Any thoughts on making all tiles projects maven-3 only?

The maven team has done a great work of making maven-3 compatible with
maven-2. Currently there is nothing specific in our poms that is
specific to a version of maven (except in org.apache:apache:10, but
that's not our responsibility).

So I'm not sure if it's useful right now. If we should encounter an
incompatibility, I'd be +1 on this.

Re: Building maven site

Posted by Mick Semb Wever <mc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 2012-03-17 at 18:25 -0400, Nicolas LE BAS wrote:

> If everything is OK with you, I'd like to make an official release of
> tiles-master:4 in a week or so, and we can finally focus on the real
> doc...

Any thoughts on making all tiles projects maven-3 only?

Otherwise i say go for tiles-master-4 release.

~mck

minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who
refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to
express his opinions courageously and honestly." Albert Einstein

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |

Re: Building maven site

Posted by Nicolas LE BAS <ma...@nlebas.net>.
I finally committed and deployed a tiles-master:4-SNAPSHOT, and updated
all the poms accordingly. They're now much shorter, easier to read and
the site builds fine with both maven-2.2 and maven-3.0, according to my
tests.