Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Null kühl <nu...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/11 17:58:45 UTC

iLearn Wicket - Please reply with your feedback

Dear All,

      I have been comparing between many component based frameworks around
that follows the MVC architecture,
as i ended up comparing between JSF and Wicket, however i have seen more
advantages in Wicket rather than JSF, however one of the cons on wicket size
was its educational resources, as JSF exists since some time now there are
quite many tutorials and books for it.
So i decided to start up an elearning series that aims to get people to be
familiar with wicket, starting at a java programmer level.
I understand that there are some good tutorials around but i do believe that
video tutorials are quire more explanatory than text tutorials.

I have started doing some scratch videos already that will act later on as
the back bone of the series,(will probably be redesigned and published in a
more professional way) kindly check it out :

http://ilearnzone.com/wicket.html

Please reply with your feedback, so that i know if i should continue on it,
or just throw it away and stop wasting my time.

Also if anyone would like to participate, he is more than welcomed.

Regards,

Re: iLearn Wicket - Please reply with your feedback

Posted by Null kühl <nu...@gmail.com>.
well i can add a small part for jetty, i just wanted ur feedback on the
videos it self , read the head of my post :)
but thx for the note anyway

Posted by Bjoern Tietjens <bj...@web.de>.
I use tomcat everywhere...

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
Jetty rulez ...

**
http://www.tuntinetti.fi

Posted by Ryan Gravener <ry...@ryangravener.com>.
I use jetty everywhere.

Posted by francesco dicarlo <ev...@gmail.com>.
We use JBoss XD

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by "Chenini, Mohamed " <MC...@geico.com>.
Hi,

I think that Wicket Users tend to use more Jetty than Tomcat as the application server.

Regards,
Mohamed

I'm not so sure that a 404 page will be very informative :)

--
Jeremy Thomerson
http://www.wickettraining.com

On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 10:58 AM, Null kühl <nu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
>      I have been comparing between many component based frameworks around
> that follows the MVC architecture,
> as i ended up comparing between JSF and Wicket, however i have seen more
> advantages in Wicket rather than JSF, however one of the cons on wicket
> size
> was its educational resources, as JSF exists since some time now there are
> quite many tutorials and books for it.
> So i decided to start up an elearning series that aims to get people to be
> familiar with wicket, starting at a java programmer level.
> I understand that there are some good tutorials around but i do believe
> that
> video tutorials are quire more explanatory than text tutorials.
>
> I have started doing some scratch videos already that will act later on as
> the back bone of the series,(will probably be redesigned and published in a
> more professional way) kindly check it out :
>
> http://ilearnzone.com/wicket.html
>
> Please reply with your feedback, so that i know if i should continue on it,
> or just throw it away and stop wasting my time.
>
> Also if anyone would like to participate, he is more than welcomed.
>
> Regards,

====================
This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.

Re: iLearn Wicket - Please reply with your feedback

Posted by Null kühl <nu...@gmail.com>.
well , please try again, cause the link is still valid and working ..

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Jeremy Thomerson <jeremy@wickettraining.com

Posted by Eduardo Nunes <es...@gmail.com>.
someone in another post said that google uses jetty for the google
apps java. I don't know the integration of jetty and Eclipse, in
Netbeans I use jetty as an embedded server, it works perfect. I can
edit my html, source code and just hit F5 to see the results.

about the videos, good music ehehe

Posted by Eduardo Nunes <es...@gmail.com>.
it worked for me

Posted by Jeremy Thomerson <je...@wickettraining.com>.