Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by rkd80 <ar...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/11 19:04:56 UTC

Dependency hierarchy for 2.7.6 now asking for DataTyper?

Hey folks,

I am reworking a previous maven configuration where our team used the
cxf-bundle.  I was successfully able to run all our applications without the
bundle and these following 3 dependencies:

<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
			<artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
			<version>${cxfVersion}</version>
		</dependency>
		<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
            <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
            <version>${cxfVersion}</version>
        </dependency>
		<dependency>
			<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
			<artifactId>cxf-rt-ws-security</artifactId>
			<version>${cxfVersion}</version>
		</dependency>

However, after upgrading to 2.7.6 I am now hit with a:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cxf/tools/common/DataTypeAdapter

Is there anything I can swap out that may bring in this transitive
dependency?

Any help would be appreciated!!

Re: Dependency hierarchy for 2.7.6 now asking for DataTyper?

Posted by rkd80 <ar...@gmail.com>.
I always want to add one thing here.  As I understand, starting in 2.6
DataTypeAdapter was moved to cxf-jxc.  So why is this class still being
called from org/apache/cxf/tools/common?

Re: Dependency hierarchy for 2.7.6 now asking for DataTyper?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Grep through your code (and in particular, any code you may have generated) for DataTypeAdapter.      This is likely something that the older code generator put in place and you may need to regenerate your code.   The org.apache.cxf.tools.common.DataTypeAdapter was left in the big bundle to make some of the migrations easier, but any code we generate now shouldn’t be using it.

Note that the “tools.common” version has been completely removed with 3.0.

Dan

On Mar 11, 2014, at 2:04 PM, rkd80 <ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I am reworking a previous maven configuration where our team used the
> cxf-bundle.  I was successfully able to run all our applications without the
> bundle and these following 3 dependencies:
>
> <dependency>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
> 			<version>${cxfVersion}</version>
> 		</dependency>
> 		<dependency>
>            <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
>            <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
>            <version>${cxfVersion}</version>
>        </dependency>
> 		<dependency>
> 			<groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
> 			<artifactId>cxf-rt-ws-security</artifactId>
> 			<version>${cxfVersion}</version>
> 		</dependency>
>
> However, after upgrading to 2.7.6 I am now hit with a:
>
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cxf/tools/common/DataTypeAdapter
>
> Is there anything I can swap out that may bring in this transitive
> dependency?
>
> Any help would be appreciated!!

Daniel Kulp