Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jeff Hammerbacher <ha...@cloudera.com> on 2009/04/18 00:20:58 UTC

Using BI tools with Hive?

Hey Hive users,

At Cloudera, we're working to integrate Hive with a broad range of business
intelligence tools. If you are currently using a business intelligence tool
like JasperReports, Pentaho, or Microstrategy on top of Hive and would like
to share your experiences, please drop me a line or just reply on the list.

Additionally, if you would like to use one of these tools but don't have
things running yet, drop me a line or reply directly to the list. Thanks!

Regards,
Jeff

Re: Using BI tools with Hive?

Posted by Min Zhou <co...@gmail.com>.
This is a interesting topic, any further discussion?

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 11:22 PM, Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>wrote:

> we are dealing with both of these as far as micro strategy is concerned.
> For that jdbc does not work and we need an odbc driver instead of a jdbc
> driver. We had tried with the jdbc odbc bridge as well but that did not work
> too well and the final conclusion was that odbc was needed. Would love to
> talk more about this and integration issues that you may have seen in other
> BI toosl...
>
> Ashish

Regards,
Min