Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Johan Loubser <jo...@sun.ac.za> on 2006/06/21 11:21:50 UTC

debian woody upgrade to sarge broke bayesian database

The mail server with debian woody has been upgraded to sarge.
Everything seemed to work as it should but after checking a bit deeper I
found that the following error:

Cannot open bayes databases /home/spamd/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie
failed:

The spamassassin version is 3.0.3-2 the previus version was 3.0.2

--
Johan Loubser
(021) 8084036

RE: debian woody upgrade to sarge broke bayesian database

Posted by Sietse van Zanen <si...@wizdom.nu>.
Have you checked the directory for correct permissions? And there is a database there?

Also the configuration option for bayes has been changed. Where it used to take a path, it now takes a filename.
eg. used to be bayes_path /dir/bayes/ (would create db in that dir) and now is bayes_path /dir/bayes (created db in /dir with bayes_* as filename).

-Sietse

________________________________

Posted by Johan Loubser <jo...@sun.ac.za>.

On Wed, Jun 21, 2006 at 11:55:44AM +0200, Leander Koornneef wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think I also ran into this recently. The following fixed it:
>
> root@box:~# aptitude install db4.2-util
> root@box:~# db4.2_upgrade /path/to/bayes_db
>
> Or something along those lines....
> You should probably make a backup of the bayes db before you blindly
> copy/paste these commands :-)

Thanks it fixed the problem.

Posted by Leander Koornneef <le...@ic-s.nl>.
Hi,

I think I also ran into this recently. The following fixed it:

root@box:~# aptitude install db4.2-util
root@box:~# db4.2_upgrade /path/to/bayes_db

Or something along those lines....
You should probably make a backup of the bayes db before you blindly
copy/paste these commands :-)

Leander