Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org> on 2013/07/18 05:40:23 UTC

Moving away from wso2 maven repo

Changing subject and my 2 cents on this topic:

I agree it is fully acceptable and legally ok to rely on Apache V2 licensed (and other compatible license) software. But what will be useful for these kind of cases is to push the carbon and other dependencies to maven central. In a nutshell, the sooner the reliance on WSO2 maven repo [1] dependency is removed the better. I am lazyto search for right references, but I was previous told by incubation mentors to do this task before graduation. Not a blocker for graduation, but highly recommended.

Since all the WSO2 dependencies are open source anyway, it is better to take advantage of the Sonatype OSS repository [2] , which publishes artifacts into maven central.

Its also encouraging to see the willingness to contribute back jclouds, axis2 like customizations to the parent projects.  A big + 1 for getting on to these also sooner than later.  My experience is unless we do these during these high momentum time, they linger for ever.

Suresh
[1] - http://maven.wso2.org/nexus/content/groups/wso2-public/
[2] - https://docs.sonatype.org/display/Repository/Sonatype+OSS+Maven+Repository+Usage+Guide