Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Antoine Levy-Lambert <an...@gmx.de> on 2007/02/22 05:05:33 UTC

Re: Builds in gump,

Re: Builds in gump,

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Antoine,

Antoine Levy-Lambert wrote:

>> Hello Armin and others,
>>
>> first of all thanks again for the help concerning instantiating
>> QueryByCriteria.
>>
>> The next problem is the following :
>>
>> 1) gump builds the trunk of db-ojb.
>>
>> Armin Waibel wrote on 2007-02-11
>>
>> OJB trunk is unstable OJB 2.x (Criteria api based on interfaces). The
>> OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch is the stable upcoming OJB 1.0.5.
>>
>> I am still trying to get jakarta-slide to build in gump.
>>
>> I get these errors
>>
>>     [javac]
>> /x1/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-slide/src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/ojb/LoggerBridge.java:25:
>> package org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration does not exist
>>     [javac] import
>> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.Configuration;
>>     [javac]                                                 ^
>>     [javac]
>> /x1/gump/public/workspace/jakarta-slide/src/stores/org/apache/slide/store/ojb/LoggerBridge.java:26:
>> package org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration does not exist
>>     [javac] import
>> org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.ConfigurationException;
>>     [javac]
>>
>> Any reason why this package org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration
>> has been removed in trunk ?

OJB 2.x use PicoContainer to configure OJB (the OJB configuration files
are removed). More precisely OJB 2.x can support any IoC container
(picoC is the default).

>> Should gump be reconfigured to build the OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch ?

I would recommend this. The OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch is always stable
(>95% of the time).

>> I might try my luck at building OJB_1_0_RELEASE branch, and
>> reconfiguring the build of jakarta-slide to use it.

+1
Currently I can't spend time on other projects, but if you contact me
after the OJB 1.0.5 release I could help you to optimize the OJB Slide code.

regards,
Armin