Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by DEHAY Aurelien <au...@faurecia.com> on 2019/09/02 14:23:18 UTC

RE: Process group name in S2SStatusReporterTask

Classification\_- INTERNAL & PARTNERS

Hello.

Like I said in my previous mail, the componentName contains the name of the current component, not the one of the containing process group.

I've try to put this process group name in application, modifying the code, and it works fine. But I wonder, as the tree can be traced with parentId and componentId tags, if it worth it.

1) what is the aim of the application tag? It contains always "NiFi Flow" which make it quite useless (appart modifying directly the flow.xml, I don't see where it's configured)
2) Putting the name of the parent/containing process group for a component is convenient for things like influxdb/grafana  (to put in tag)

However it's still not exactly an "application". I assume modifying the status reporting framework avro schema is not worth it, but putting the container name in application tag is not coherent. I can always propose a PR for that.

Any thoughts?