Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/01 00:29:59 UTC

Re: Contribute SymbolConstants.SUPPRESS_REDIRECT_FROM_ACTION_REQUESTS does not work

The only explanation for this is that your AppModule is not being
loaded; Tapestry sends debug output at startup to list modules that
are loaded; that's the first step. For example, AppModule must be in
the correct package for Tapestry to find it. The rules for all this
are in the documentation.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

Re: Contribute SymbolConstants.SUPPRESS_REDIRECT_FROM_ACTION_REQUESTS does not work

Posted by Xuan Tran Le <le...@gmail.com>.
I found that I was wrong. I did not put the contribution right place. I did
place it in servlet module, so in portlet the contribution is useless. I
fixed by putting it to the portlet module, and now it runs properly.
I've modified the source that I download from
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-78 and now I can run portlet with
tapestry version 5.0.18 and 5.1.0.5.

Posted by Xuan Tran Le <le...@gmail.com>.
I did debug and found that AppModule is loaded and the contribution is
called. It runs properly in servlet mode, but when run in portlet mode it
doesn't.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 5:29 AM, Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The only explanation for this is that your AppModule is not being
> loaded; Tapestry sends debug output at startup to list modules that
> are loaded; that's the first step. For example, AppModule must be in
> the correct package for Tapestry to find it. The rules for all this
> are in the documentation.
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:29 AM, Xuan Tran Le<le...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Dear sir/madam,
> >
> >  I am interested in implementing portlet for Tapestry 5.1.0.5.  I have
> > download the contribution from
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-78. However, there is an
> issue:
> > when I contribute to the default applications by
> >
> > --------------------------- AppModule.java ---------------------------
> > public static void
> contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String,
> > String> configuration)  {
> >
> > configuration.add(SymbolConstants.SUPPRESS_REDIRECT_FROM_ACTION_REQUESTS,
> > "true");
> > }

> > And when run the application, I found that in
> > org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.InternalModule the "immediateMode"
> > variable value is false
> >
> > --------------------------- InternalModule.java
> > -----------------------------------
> >    /**
> >     * Chooses one of two implementations, based on the configured mode.
> >     */
> >    public static ActionRenderResponseGenerator
> > buildActionRenderResponseGenerator(
> >

>  @Symbol(SymbolConstants.SUPPRESS_REDIRECT_FROM_ACTION_REQUESTS)
> >            boolean immediateMode,
> >
> >            ObjectLocator locator)
> >    {
> >        if (immediateMode) return
> > locator.autobuild(ImmediateActionRenderResponseGenerator.class);
> >
> >        return locator.autobuild(ActionRenderResponseGeneratorImpl.class);
> >    }

> > Please help me.
> >

> --
> Howard M. Lewis Ship
>
> Creator of Apache Tapestry

Xuan Tran Le
Developer

Huu Ngoc JSC.("MVN")
460 Nguyen Kiem street, Phu Nhuan district - Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam
Tel : (84-83) 9955331
Fax : (84-83) 8462596
Mobile: 093-3113122
Email: xuantl@myvietnam.net
Web: www.myvietnam.net

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

The information in this email (and any attachments) is confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, you must not use or disseminate the
information.If you have received this email in error, please immediately
notify me by "Reply" command and permanently delete the original and any
copies or printouts thereof.Although this email and any attachments are
believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any
computer system into which it is received and opened,it is the
responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no
responsibility is accepted by Huu Ngoc JSC. ("MVN") or its subsidiaries or
affiliates either jointly or severally, for any loss or damage arising in
any way from its use.