Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2019/06/04 22:14:06 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Turn off TLS v1.0 and v1.1 by default for ATS v9.00

Hi all,

in the spirit of

	https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-04

I’d like to propose that we change the defaults for our settings, to turn these two protocols off by default:

	proxy.config.ssl.TLSv1=0
	proxy.config.ssl.TLSv1_1=0
	proxy.config.ssl.client.TLSv1=0
	proxy.config.ssl.client.TLSv1_1=0

The code / features will still be there, and can either be turned on globally, or (better IMO) turned on per SNI in ssl_server_name.yaml / sni.yaml.

Any concerns / objections?

— Leif

Re: [PROPOSAL] Turn off TLS v1.0 and v1.1 by default for ATS v9.00

Re: Stop spamming the list you morons (was Re: Unsubscribe)

Posted by Jered Floyd <je...@convivian.com>.
Sorry; I'm on lots of mailing lists and see about 20-30 of these a week... sometimes I worry about the future of humanity. :-) Perhaps enabling an unsubscribe footer in the MLM would be a more constructive approach.

--Jered

----- On Aug 22, 2019, at 7:27 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> Jered,

> Please tone it down. Mistakes happen and not everyone is familiar with the same
> set of systems. A couple of unnecessary emails is not the end of the world :)

>> On Aug 23, 2019, at 8:54 AM, Jered Floyd < [ mailto:jered@convivian.com |
>> jered@convivian.com ] > wrote:

>> FFS, you people are allegedly system administrators! Have you never used mailing
>> lists in your obviously short and miserable lives?

>> There's a fucking header with the unsubscribe data. Mail [
>> mailto:users-unsubscribe@trafficserver.apache.org |
>> never darken our doorsteps again. How did you even manage to subscribe in the
>> first place? Did you stumble aimlessly here?

>> --Jered

>> ----- On Aug 22, 2019, at 6:42 PM, < [ mailto:info@rennison.com.au |
>> info@rennison.com.au ] > wrote:

>>> unsubscribe

Re: Stop spamming the list you morons (was Re: Unsubscribe)

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.

Posted by in...@rennison.com.au.
Dear all,

I understand your frustration, but please understand mine.

I never signed to this email group, as I have nothing to do with anything
discussed on it. Someone added my email for reasons unknown three years ago
and I have politely requested removal multiple times since then.

In the meantime, I have had thousands of emails being sent to me, including
details of conferences and other information I do not need, nor do I want.

Today's request was another attempt in any form to get off this list.

If anyone can delete my email from this mailing list it would be greatly
appreciated.

Regards.

<ma...@trafficserver.apache.org>
never darken our doorsteps again.  How did you even manage to subscribe in
the first place?  Did you stumble aimlessly here?

--Jered

----- On Aug 22, 2019, at 6:42 PM, < <ma...@rennison.com.au>
info@rennison.com.au> wrote:

unsubscribe

Re: Stop spamming the list you morons (was Re: Unsubscribe)

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.
Jered,

Posted by Jered Floyd <je...@convivian.com>.
FFS, you people are allegedly system administrators! Have you never used mailing lists in your obviously short and miserable lives?

There's a fucking header with the unsubscribe data. Mail [ mailto:users-unsubscribe@trafficserver.apache.org | users-unsubscribe@trafficserver.apache.org ] if you want to unsubscribe, and never darken our doorsteps again. How did you even manage to subscribe in the first place? Did you stumble aimlessly here?

--Jered

----- On Aug 22, 2019, at 6:42 PM, <in...@rennison.com.au> wrote:

> unsubscribe

RE: Unsubscribe

Posted by in...@rennison.com.au.
unsubscribe

Re: Unsubscribe

Posted by Andre Lohmann <lo...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe

Jeffrey Turner <je...@me.com> schrieb am Di. 20. Aug. 2019 um
23:54:

> Unsubscribe
>
> --
Andre Lohmann

*smartformer UG **(haftungsbeschränkt)*
Am Kaiserkai 69
20457 Hamburg - Hafen City

Mob: +49 (0) 152 54 21 71 05
Fon: +49 (40) 80 00 84 554
Fax: +49 (40) 80 00 84 900
Mail: al@smartformer.de
Skype: sial0884

Sitz und Registergericht der UG:
Hamburg HRB 129395
UST.-ID DE291760506
Geschäftsführer: Andre Lohmann

Büro Kiel:
smartformer UG
Heikendorferweg 57
24149 Kiel

LinkedIn: http://de.linkedin.com/pub/andre-lohmann/26/a60/a92
Xing: http://www.xing.com/profile/Andre_Lohmann
GitHub: https://github.com/andrelohmann

Unsubscribe

Posted by Jeffrey Turner <je...@me.com>.
Unsubscribe

Re: [PROPOSAL] Turn off TLS v1.0 and v1.1 by default for ATS v9.00

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

> On Jun 4, 2019, at 18:15, Masaori Koshiba <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> +1
>
> OpenSSL support TLSv1.2 from v1.0.1, and our minimum requirements of it is v1.0.2. from v9.0.0. There're no problems.

Well the thing to watch out for is if you have clients which don’t support v1.2 or later :).

I’ll make a PR for this momentarily.

Cheers,

— Leif

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.