Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2014/10/05 23:06:06 UTC

Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Hi,

I've generated a first draft of the Sling 7 API docs, which we should
publish soon. They are temporarily placed at [1], if someone would
like to review them before publishing. If no one find any issue with
them, I'll do that in a couple of days.

The scripts used to generate the Javadocs are at [2] . I would add
them to the main Sling repo, but I'm not sure where - tooling/release
is maybe a candidate, but I'd welcome other suggestions.

Cheers,

Robert

[1]: https://people.apache.org/~rombert/sling-7-apidocs/
[2]: https://github.com/rombert/sling-releng

Re: Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.
Cool :)

Would it be possible to use the old javadoc css? Because IMO the new one by Oracle (since Java 7 IIRC) is really bad, tiny fonts, really bad contrast, hard to browse & read...

Cheers,
Alex

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

thanks for the great work - I had a brief look at the javadocs and they
seem to be good.

So +1

Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Alexander Klimetschek
> <ak...@adobe.com> wrote:
>>
>>> But building the javadoc
>>> with Java 8 failed with multiple errors and I was disinclined to fix
>>> those.
>>
>> Too bad...
>

> If anyone wants to try and fix the errors or maybe convince javadoc to
> skip them feel free to take a look at the
> tooling/release/generate_javadoc_for_release.sh script. Invoke it
> without any arguments to build the aggregate javadoc for Sling 7.

I've regenerated the Javadoc using the Java 8 tool. Should be visible soon.

Robert

Re: Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@adobe.com>.
On 07.10.2014, at 06:24, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think the javadoc stylesheet from Java 8 does a better job of the
> three actually, contrast [1], [2] and [3] .

I just noticed the same, having seen the JDK 8 docs for the first time. It seems they fixed the problems with the 7 styling :)

> But building the javadoc
> with Java 8 failed with multiple errors and I was disinclined to fix
> those.

Too bad...

Cheers,
Alex

Re: Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM, Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, I find the new styling far superior to the old layout and css, which imho is dreadful.
> However that pails to the fact that the API is actually released :) Thanks and great work.

I think the javadoc stylesheet from Java 8 does a better job of the
three actually, contrast [1], [2] and [3] . But building the javadoc
with Java 8 failed with multiple errors and I was disinclined to fix
those. Maybe Sling 8 :-)

Robert

[1]: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/
[2]: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/
[3]: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/

Posted by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com>.

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Re: Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@lmn.ro>.
Thanks all for the feedback.

--
Sent from my (old) computer

Re: Please review Sling 7 Javadocs

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Robert,

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I've generated a first draft of the Sling 7 API docs, which we should
> publish soon...

Those look good to me, thanks!