Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Ousley <jo...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/30 00:09:09 UTC

jdbc via ResourceLink in context.xml not working in 5.5.4

Hello,

I am moving from tomcat 5.0.28 to 5.5.4 and I'm having trouble getting
my jdbc driver working in the new tomcat. I have a Resource set up
under GlobalNamingResources in server.xml, just as I did in 5.0.28. I
also have a corresponding conext xml file (named the same as my test
app - jeff.xml) inside conf/Catalina/localhost which has a
ResourceLink to the Resource. I've copied the jdbc .jar files to
common/lib. As far as I can tell, everything is setup the exact same
way it was in 5.0.28 yet I get this error when I try to access my test
page:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Unable to get connection, DataSource
invalid: "org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot
create JDBC driver of class '' for connect URL 'null'"
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:845)

Can anyone think of what I'm missing or what I screwed up? It works
just fine under 5.0.28. My next step is to rename my 5.0.28 install
and set it up again from scratch to make sure I'm not missing
something in my setup steps.

Help!!!

thanks,
-jeff