Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> on 2006/08/01 14:06:14 UTC

[Summary] [Vote] Ard Schrijvers as a new Cocoon committer

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I want to propose Ard Schrijvers as a new Cocoon committer. People who
> followed our mailing lists will find _many_ quality answers to users
> questions. But that's not all: Ard is an expert for well-cached Cocoon
> applications. His latest work on caching and the way how he is
> approaching the problem (discuss issues with people on the mailing list
> and then provide patches) will certainly help us to finally solve our
> problems in this field.
>
> But that's not all. According to many, many mails (~ 240 in the last 12
> months) he knows a lot about Cocoon Forms and Cocoon in general too.
>
> I met Ard in Dublin and I remember that I had some interesting talks
> with him. I got the sense that he is able to deal with a problem without
> forgetting the big picture around.
>
> Having said enough about his functional skills I also want to mention
> that he is a great guy with a good sense of humor. I'm sure that we as
> community will be stronger in every respect with Ard being a committer
> than without him.

We got 23 positive votes and no negative one. Therefore, congratulations Ard and
welcome abord!

Ard, if you accept your nomination, please get familiar with
http://www.apache.org/dev/new-committers-guide.html and send your signed CLA to
the ASF Secretary.

Please also let us know which user id you prefer and what your forwarding email
address is.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc