Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/11/06 02:32:28 UTC

No longer supporting Java 6, if? when?

This has been coming up in a lot of projects and for other reasons too I
wanted to kick off the discussion about if/when we end support for Java 6.
Besides any API we may want to use in >= 7 we also compile our binaries for
6 for release currently.

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: No longer supporting Java 6, if? when?

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Java6 is supported on CDH4 but not CDH5.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.

Posted by Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
+1 for dropping Java 6

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
+1 for dropping Java 6

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.

Posted by Steven Schlansker <ss...@opentable.com>.

Posted by Worthy LaFollette <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Perhaps relevant:

Hadoop is moving toward dropping Java6 in next release.

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
Perhaps relevant:

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jay Kreps <ja...@gmail.com>.