Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by andi welchlin <an...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/22 14:49:21 UTC

Message Routing between several locations

Hello all,

I am new to Apache Kafka but used Apache Qpid, before.

I have a question regarding the broker setup:

Is it possible to run several brokers in a Kafka cluster while they are not
all running on the same zookeeper?

I want to reach the following target:

Several organizations are running one Kafka broker each. These brokers are
connected to the Kafka brokers in the cloud. The brokers in the cloud are
running on one zookeeper and are maintained by one organization. But all
the other connected organizations run their own broker in their own
environment.

With QPID brokers this would be possible by defining routes between these
brokers.

Can someone tell me if this is possible with Apache Kafka?

Kind Regards,
Andreas

Re: Message Routing between several locations

Posted by andi welchlin <an...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jakub,

nice to also see you on this list :-)

Thank you for your answer.