Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de> on 2021/05/26 07:55:01 UTC

TOMEE-3740 - The CompBean - What is it?

Hi all,

I took a quick look at our failing openejb-core tests. Most of them
seem to fail due to this change [1] (TOMEE-3740,[2]), in which we
decided to always deploy the CompBean.

AFAIK, we did this on purpose as the TCK expected the CompBean to be
present in its test.

Can someone explain me in short words (or point me to some
documentation which explains it):

- What is the CompBean and why is it necessary to always deploy it?

- Wondering, if itwouldn't be an option to configure this behaviour via
a system property to avoid deploying the CompBean, if it isn't needed?

Thanks & Gruss
Richard

[1]
https://github.com/apache/tomee/commit/8f5893189dbc52668354bb0ffd9d8da008a588fb
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-3740

Re: TOMEE-3740 - The CompBean - What is it?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
I'm not sure I can explain it all, but I had the same thoughts and decided
to revert some changes with https://github.com/apache/tomee/pull/800
As I explained yesterday in Slack, it had good impacts. So now I'm trying
to fix JAXRS issues and see if we can get in a better shape quickly
--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro