Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by kblearner <sa...@citi.com> on 2010/08/31 18:50:18 UTC

Re: How to record Windows components in JMeter.

Hi Srikant,
To my knowledge, JMeter doesn't record any client-side activity.  However,
in some cases I've seen local system path being recorded.  Here's the
scenario:

Step 1: User browses a file on local machine
Step 2: Hits the Upload option --> this causes the file to be transferred to
Server

The 2nd part, since being a traffic gets recorded as http request with local
system file path as a parameter in "Send Files with Request" option in the
sampler.  However, this has to be parameterized when testing from a remote
terminal.

Cheers...