Posted to bcel-user@jakarta.apache.org by kalyan ram <ck...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/17 18:03:18 UTC

block level instrumentation

Hai
   I want to do block level instrumentation in java
using bcel api.I want to implement dominator tree
algorithm. Is there any pointer which I can use as a
starting point? I want to identify blocks while
instrumenting.

Thanks

Re: block level instrumentation

Posted by Erik Corry <er...@arbat.com>.
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:25:04PM -0500, David Hovemeyer wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:03:18AM -0800, kalyan ram wrote:
> > Hai
> >    I want to do block level instrumentation in java
> > using bcel api.I want to implement dominator tree
> > algorithm. Is there any pointer which I can use as a
> > starting point? I want to identify blocks while
> > instrumenting.
>
> I wrote some code to build control flow graphs (identifying
> basic blocks and control edges) using BCEL as part of the
> FindBugs tool:
>
>   http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/bugs/
>
> Email me if you need more information.

I've used jdfa for this too, although I get the impression
it's not really maintained any more.

--
Erik Corry         I'd be a Libertarian, if they weren't all a
erik@arbat.com     bunch of tax-dodging professional whiners.   - B. Breathed.

Re: block level instrumentation

Posted by David Hovemeyer <da...@cs.umd.edu>.
On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:03:18AM -0800, kalyan ram wrote:
> Hai
>    I want to do block level instrumentation in java
> using bcel api.I want to implement dominator tree
> algorithm. Is there any pointer which I can use as a
> starting point? I want to identify blocks while
> instrumenting.

I wrote some code to build control flow graphs (identifying
basic blocks and control edges) using BCEL as part of the
FindBugs tool:

  http://www.cs.umd.edu/~pugh/java/bugs/

Email me if you need more information.

-Dave