Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2001/01/04 16:41:18 UTC

web.xml question

For the past couple of weeks I've been porting over some web apps to
Tomcat 3.2.  Everything's gone smoothly, and I've also been able to
get Tomcat running inside IBM Visual Age Java Enterprise 3.02 with no
trouble.  So now I guess I'm ready to get to work!  :)

The first thing that has come up is that now I am running servlets in
the developement environment on my PC.  When I deploy them to the
production environment I need things like URLs to be different.

Can I put an attribute/value pair in web.xml and retreive it in a
servlet?  Is that a good way to do this?

Thanks

---
Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans