Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Roy, Ansuman" <an...@logicacmg.com> on 2005/11/28 10:58:44 UTC

about remote publishing

Hi,
I have an idea so i would require your suggestions about that is feasible or not in Lenya.
I want to publish my live documents directly onto another machine. I know we can do it
using the target.xml but the problem is that the other machine is on another server so http
protocol has to be produced.

now i have devised a solution to that.
1. i will add one more <map:act  ...> action to the publishing usecase and that action
   will pick the file which is to be published( in this case if i use the StaticHtmlExporter) and then
  push it over with the request as an attribute onto the other server

2. The publishing controller servlet based on the path or name of the file will decide where to put that
   file??

3. My Lenya application creates 3 types of content:
		a: Information text( these are static html files)
		b: Help Text ( typically they will be help files that will be used by my live site )
		c: Property file ( This will be used xml file initially and on the live server it is converted to ApplicationResources.properties)

I have searched the internet about file uploading?? initially i found that com.oreilly.servlets package and the commons upload.
Are these feasible or not kindly advice??

regards,
Roy