Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Gilles <er...@apache.org> on 2018/12/12 13:30:09 UTC

Apache Commons RNG version 1.2 release

We are pleased to announce the availability of version 1.2 of the
"Apache Commons RNG" library.

Apache Commons RNG provides Java implementations of pseudo-random
numbers generators.

The release notes can be reviewed at
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/rng/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Distribution packages can be downloaded from
  https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/download_rng.cgi

When downloading, please verify signatures using the KEYS file
available at
  https://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS

Maven artifacts are also available in the central Maven repository:
  https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/

Best regards,
Gilles (on behalf of the Apache Commons Team)

Re: Apache Commons RNG version 1.2 release

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 08:34:19 -0500, Rob Tompkins wrote:
> I was under the impression that we were to wait 24 hours between
> promotion and announcement as to wait for the mirrors of the world to
> catch up with the release promotion on the Apache servers.

The artefacts are already on Maven Central.

Given the stats for past releases, I doubt that the "world" is
going to hammer the Apache servers for immediate availability
of the release tarball. ;-)

Gilles

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 13:44, Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was under the impression that we were to wait 24 hours between promotion and announcement as to wait for the mirrors of the world to catch up with the release promotion on the Apache servers.

Agreed.

The formal release is the source archive which is published via the
ASF mirror system.
It can take a day or so for the mirrors to catch up, so it's best to
wait before sending the announce mail.
Otherwise downloaders may get an error.

Unless the release is a security release, there's no need to rush the
announcement and risk causing unnecessary errors for the readers.

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.