Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chris Markle <cm...@comcast.net> on 2006/02/05 21:34:25 UTC

downloading plug-ins from mojo (org.codehaus.mojo)?

Folks,

Newbie here so be gentle please ;) I read in
http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-plugin-prefix-mapping.html
in the section entitled "Configuring Maven to Search for Plugins" that:

Maven will always search the following groupId's after searching any
plugin groups specified in the user's settings:
     * org.apache.maven.plugins
     * org.codehaus.mojo

So that led me to believe that if I wanted to use the mojo jxr plug-in
all I had to do was access it from Maven (2) and since this was a
org.codehaus.mojo plug-in, it would be found (I have had no probs
getting plug-ins from org.apache.maven.plugins). When I tried a:

mvn jxr:jxr

I get the following error which leads me to believe this is not working
as stated or I am misunderstanding how this works:

C:\blah> mvn jxr:jxr
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'jxr'.
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jxr-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

Any ideas?

Chris