Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Jennifer Wang <je...@cisco.com> on 2007/05/09 22:02:04 UTC

HTTPTransportException:Output streaming error

Hello,

We're using Axis C++ 1.6b to implement client side of our application.  The
server is running on tomcat with Axis.

We run into problem when sending message from the client.  The error is:

"HTTPTransportException:Output streaming error on Channel while writing data
Channel error 32 while writing data: 'Broken pipe'"

Looking at ethereal output, we notice the header portion is written, but not
the message body.  This only happens after our application is up for a
little while.  If we try to send the same message at program start - right
after stub is created, then the message goes through fine.

We treid latest Axis C++ 1.6 (dated Aug 24, 2006) and Axis-1.4 on server
side, still the same problem.

Can someone tell us what could the problem be?

Thanks.
Jennifer

Re: HTTPTransportException:Output streaming error

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Jennifer,

The code does keep connections up unless certain conditions arise, such as
Connection:close in the HTTP header, or content-length not specified nor
is the data sent as chunked...But when it closes the connection it will
establish a new connection.

That seems strange.  Can you take a SOAP trace using some tool like TCPMon
to see what is actually being sent across?  Only thing I can think of is
the Web service must be closing the connection? That would be strange but
that is what Broken Pipe means - the other end broke the connection.

Nadir K. Amra

Posted by Jennifer Wang <je...@cisco.com>.
Nadir,

Yes, I rebuilt the latest code from SVN.  Here is the exact error message:

"HTTPTransportException: Output streaming error while writing to channel.
Error is 32 - Broken pipe"

Does the latest code not support persistent connection?  I put in a little
hack - call setEndPointPoint() before each message is sent to force a
re-connect, that seems to work.  But not a good solution.

Anything else I can try?

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Jennifer,

Did you rebuild the code using latest code in SVN?  From the error message
it does not appear to be the latest code that you are running with.

Nadir K. Amra

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Jennifer, The ones that come with the 1.6b release.

Nadir K. Amra

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Jennifer,

I would suggest you build the code your self so you get the latest code
updates in SVN.  There are numerous fixes in SVN since 1.6b.

Nadir K. Amra