Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jeff Greif <jg...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2002/09/05 02:26:14 UTC

prerequisites update & dependency of WSIF on J2EE

I'm just beginning to explore the use of WSIF to consume arbitrary
WSDL-based web services.  I'm trying to understand the dependencies of WSIF
on the various prerequisites mentioned on the project page
xml-axis-wsif\java\readme.htm.

  1.  wsdl4j.jar is now part of the Axis distribution, and appears to
include the necessary parts of qname.jar (but I'm not certain of this).
  2.  Can anyone comment on what causes the dependency on j2ee.jar and what
would no longer work in WSIF if the dependency were removed?  The licensing
requirements on j2ee.jar are considerably more stringent than those on the
other components.  Has anyone considered producing a J2EE-free version of
WSIF?

Jeff